Answer for question 4595.
Jan. 19th, 2016 05:34 pm[Error: unknown template qotd]Slightly tiresome but i do think that there are great musicians now as their was in the past. Music changes and so do musical styles. Some styles go out of fashion and then return afresh. I love the musical past but i also search out new music and finding some great music out there.
Contemporary artists that come to mind are Joanna Newsom, and Eliza Carthy. I could mention oodles more but these are the two that stand out for me.
I would not dismiss any genre totally, well maybe country and western..
Contemporary artists that come to mind are Joanna Newsom, and Eliza Carthy. I could mention oodles more but these are the two that stand out for me.
I would not dismiss any genre totally, well maybe country and western..
no subject
Date: 2016-01-19 05:48 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-01-19 10:15 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-01-20 12:20 am (UTC)This is true of ANY genre. You can get bland, homogenous hip-hop. Bland, homogenous modern pop. Bland, homogenous dance music. Bland, homogenous jazz. Bland homogenous country and western music.
Heck, I've encountered bland, homogenous classical music, which is impressive, since "classical music" includes dozens of divergent genres over five centuries, and many "classical" stations include early music as well, which adds another two centuries' worth.
But there is amazing music within all of those.
no subject
Date: 2016-01-20 04:22 am (UTC)Hugs, Jon
no subject
Date: 2016-01-20 04:32 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-01-20 10:57 am (UTC)Roseanne Cash?
Linda Ronstadt?
no subject
Date: 2016-01-21 12:34 pm (UTC)